Vice President Job Overview
EdgePoint is an independent, advisory-focused, investment banking firm. Founded in 2000, and with over 250 transactions completed, EdgePoint has a proven track record of providing merger & acquisition and financing advisory services to middle market private business owners, corporations and private equity firms. The team of professionals at EdgePoint leverage their extensive corporate finance, accounting, legal and operational backgrounds to drive successful outcomes for clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Due to internal growth, EdgePoint is seeking a Vice President to join its growing Business Services team. The Vice President role at EdgePoint is a mission-critical position as they are integral in all phases of the transaction – pitch, marketing, negotiations and closing. A Vice President at EdgePoint will have the opportunity to experience high deal velocity, small transaction teams and direct interaction with clients and other advisors. Vice Presidents are rewarded with attractive compensation packages, the ability to learn at an accelerated pace, and the opportunity to quickly advance within the firm.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Participate in all phases of sell-side engagements from Pitch to Post-LOI Negotiations
- Assisting in the development of and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Wide responsibilities in deal execution ranging from material preparation to transactional negotiations
- Manage and development responsibilities for associates and analysts
- Active in building business development relationships and securing new clients
CRITICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong work ethic and detail oriented
- Comfortable in both team and self-directed settings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Persuasive market making skills
- Proficient written communication skills with proven process management abilities
- At least five years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, banking, or transactional advisory service in a CPA or consulting firm
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, and proven process management abilities
Successful Vice Presidents at EdgePoint all have similar characteristics – smart, curious, and mature. They also possess the motivation to drive projects through completion and the intellectual curiosity to desire new challenges.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.