Industrial Associate Job Overview
EdgePoint is an independent, advisory-focused, investment banking firm. Founded in 2000, and with over 300 transactions completed, EdgePoint has a proven track record of providing merger & acquisition and financing advisory services to middle market private business owners, corporations, and private equity firms. The team of professionals at EdgePoint leverage their extensive corporate finance, accounting, legal and operational backgrounds to drive successful outcomes for clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
EdgePoint is seeking an Associate to join its Industrial team. The Associate role at EdgePoint is integral in all phases of the transaction – pitch, marketing, negotiations and closing. An Associate at EdgePoint will have the opportunity to experience high deal velocity, small transaction teams and direct interaction with clients. Associates are rewarded with attractive compensation packages, the ability to learn at an accelerated pace, and the opportunity to advance within the firm.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Pitch presentation, Financial analysis, and modeling
- Client due diligence
- Information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation
- Closing due diligence
- Post-LOI negotiations
- Support miscellaneous business development efforts
CRITICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong work ethic and detail oriented
- Comfortable in both team and self-directed settings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient written communication skills
- Proven process management abilities
- At least two years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, banking, or transactional advisory service in a CPA or consulting firm
Successful Associates at EdgePoint all have similar characteristics – smart, curious, and mature. They also possess the motivation to drive projects through completion and the intellectual curiosity to desire new challenges.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.