Analyst Job Overview
EdgePoint is an independent, advisory-focused, investment banking firm. Founded in 2000, and with over 300 transactions completed, EdgePoint has a proven track record of providing merger & acquisition and financing advisory services to middle market private business owners, corporations and private equity firms. The team of 21 professionals at EdgePoint leverage their extensive corporate finance, accounting, legal and operational backgrounds to drive successful outcomes for clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Due to internal growth, EdgePoint is seeking an Analyst to join its team. The Analyst role is an important position at EdgePoint and will support the pitch and deal needs of the four industry vertical teams (Industrials, Consumer, Healthcare, and Services) as well as various corporate growth initiatives. An Analyst at EdgePoint will have the opportunity to experience high deal velocity and direct interaction with team members and clients. Analysts are rewarded with attractive compensation packages, the ability to learn at an accelerated pace, and the opportunity to advance within the firm.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Analytical support for pitches
- Financial analysis
- Financial modeling
- Industry research
- Comparable Analysis
- Buyer due diligence
- Assist in the drafting of information memorandum and presentations
- Support miscellaneous firm and business development efforts
CRITICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability tefficiently analyze and interpret a large amount of financial information
- Strong work ethic and detail orientation
- Ability twork in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA and/or prior investment banking experience preferred
Successful Associates at EdgePoint all have similar characteristics – smart, curious, and mature. They also possess the motivation to drive projects through completion and the intellectual curiosity to desire new challenges.
Successful Analysts at EdgePoint all have similar characteristics – smart, intellectually curious, detail oriented, and the ability tdrive tasks tcompletion. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.